Friday, September 10, 2010

Pink Cottages

Last week we were in New York staying in a cute cottage along Lake Chautauqua.



The scenery was beautiful.
You know, summer with boats and swimmers and ahhhhh... well you get the picture.



But this little village we were in had the CUTEST... I mean THE CUTEST cottages.
One was prettier than the next.


Like this.


Or THIS.



This hotel had a great look. The red and white striped awnings gave it a pink look.



This cottage had pink shutters. The gentleman who owned it kept telling me they were "SALMON.'


Tomato, tomata. Potato, potata.


Either way. He looked pretty in pink sitting there.


I think this cottage sign is adorable.


I even found an antique shop nearby with a PINK door! Took the picture just for you, my pinky friends.

For more pinks check out Beverly's blog at How Sweet the Sound.




Today we are remembering those who lost their lives in the 9/11 attacks in New York City, Washington, DC, and the planes in mid-air.



This was the porch where we stayed. At the time I snapped the photo, I wasn't thinking of 9/11, but it is important for me to share it with you now, as it was one of the only cottages with an American flag hanging on its wall and its image sticks in my mind... similar to how the flags hung on buildings in NY in the days following the attacks.

I'd also like to pay tribute to the men and women who serve in our nation's military, standing up for us, fighting for our freedom, so we don't have to.

Thank you.
May God Bless America.



8 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh my!! I love the cottages!!
It is hard to have to remember 9/11/01 but it is impossible to forget!
Hugs,Lisa

Connie said...

I plan on taking donuts to our firefighters tomorrow. If the recruiting station is open I'll get them some also, sugar. I think that would be appropriate.
xoxo,
Connie

Anonymous said...

Those cottages are so darn cute! Such charm and character! Marcia

gail said...

Those cottages look just like Ocean Grove. I was there today and took pics....I'll post them soon. Love them!!!!
The flag is a beautiful site to see! God Bless America!!
gail

Ms.Daisy said...

The cottages at South Seaville are in a pretty run down condition compared to these beauties! An older community perhaps? I love all the pinks.



L,
Ms.DaisyMau

dana said...

What darling cottages, Jillian, and what a great place to stay.

I'm so glad you missed being in NYC on 9/11. I've been watching shows about the attack most of the day (on the history channel). Seems like a lot of us need reminding about the attack more than once a year. It's a terrible day in our nation's history. . . one that has changed us forever. Sadly, many folks want to spend just one day remembering/honoring.....we can't stay safe with that way of thinking. We must be vigilant. Yes, we must honor our military and the other brave people who serve us on a daily basis to protect us and our liberties.

Best wishes to you, L, Dana

MJ said...

Gorgeous cottages!

I spent some of 9/11 speaking with K & N about 9/11 and what happened that day. I foresee that happening annually now...

D. Jean Quarles said...

Such pretty pink cottages. Thanks for sharing. Sorry so late getting around.