Monday, September 20, 2010

Vintage Corning Ware ~ Blue Cornflower

Photo courtesy of Stylehive.com

Do you remember the Corning Ware with the blue floral design? My Grandmother had this set. I have a few of her pieces and using them reminds me of the time I spent at her house.

It is actually called "Blue Cornflower." While it really didn't matter to me at the time what it was called I just knew it was either Easter or New Year's Day because it was when Grandmom got out her best cookware and baked up something yummy.



If you have your own set you might like this little doll version. So cute!

For sale in my shop, here.

What are your favorite Grandmom or holiday memories of her china or dinnerware? I'd love to hear about them!

PS... I'm working on my latest additions, I should have them done tonight. We're almost finished with our guest room too. Excited! I'll post pics soon.

8 comments:

Connie said...

I really don't have any memories of her china, but I remember my grandmother always had biscuits and something sweet to go with them, honey. Sweet memory.
xoxo,
Connie

Ms.Daisy said...

I always liked her Blue Cornflower pieces too. Many memories here. Thanks.



Ms.Daisy Mau

Quilted Nest said...

Forget 'grandma' - I have some of these dishes that I use on a regular basis! And they look like new - they don't wear out... Thanks for the post.

gail said...

ok now you are depressing me! I got that pattern for my bridal shower years ago, am I really that old?
Yeah, I guess I am!
It is simple and pretty, though.
gail

Thespa McLaughlin said...

I so remember that pattern. My mom had some of that set as well as my grandma. It was a regular daily occurrence in our home. Thanks for the memories.

Anita said...

My Mom has that set and so do I. I bought mine at an auctio and I use it all the time. Perfect size for a casserole for 4!

Deborah said...

I love the little version of the blue corning ware. I have some of the pieces myself but I mostly use my pyrex.

gail said...

Jillian...thanks for always visiting me and being so kind and supportive. It really means a lot.
And I envy you for having a little toddler...I miss those days so much as hard as they were. Being a mom is the best!
gail