Saturday, November 26, 2011

Lookin' For Trees in All the Right Places

This year on the day after Thanksgiving, otherwise known as "Black Friday," we opted for a greener type of tradition instead of shopping. (Although I suppose greenbacks could count as being green!)

You see, for many years now the thought of going out into the mad rush, I mean crowds, sends me into a nervous frenzy.



So this kind of green involved Christmas trees! Hubby took me, Bebe, and the rest of my family to a local Christmas tree farm and it couldn't have been a better day for it. It was beautiful!
We had fun searching up and down the hillside looking for the "perfect" tree that would come to live with us for the next four weeks. Since most of the trees were already tagged, we opted for the tree that would "do!" Any of them would "do" just fine really...so it wasn't too hard.


Here is Dear Hubs getting it ready for hauling...


And Bebe on his shoulders supervising the whole thing while cousin J led the way, his first time ever cutting down a REAL tree and hauling it away from the farm into the truck.




A great experience for all!




Now I can't wait to start decorating...

4 comments:

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

look how much fun you had! A perfect day...

The Polka Dot Closet said...

I would rather go to a Christmas tree farm any day, nope I don't go out on black Friday either! I bet your tree is gorgeous!!

Carol

Anonymous said...

A lovely day, Jill! We were happy to stay away from the stores, too. Ed was rejoicing today when the stats came out and the online orders for Thanksgiving and Black Friday beat the big box stores by a landslide! Maybe next year they won't waste money by making their employees work on a holiday!!
As to the tree - we lived down the street from a tree farm in Rhode Island when we were there, just walked down and picked out our own - plus, got a free bag of apples with it from their orchards! These days, though, I have my pick in the basement of four foot trees - our days of the real thing quite over. But, love the smell of them! Where's my candles . . .
Joy!
Kathy

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
Had a lovely time out in the fresh air, sunshine and really pretty Christmas trees! Great time was had by all.


Love,
Ms.Daisymau