Monday, April 2, 2012

A Hopping Good Time - Egg Hunt Party in the Woods

Linking with the Springsperation
 
 
 
It really was! A hopping good time at our second annual egg
hunt party in the woods.
And these kids had me hopping.

 The day did not start out as planned with very cold temps,
overcast sky, and wet grass from rain.
But, I went with plan B.

Table set up for theEgg hunt outside...
with rain boots of course
(Most of my ideas came from Pinterest
like the colored egg tree seen here)

A food and party table inside
My pastel banner turned out better than expected.
I think next time I'll use brighter
colored paper and letters.

 Like these really cute glitter egg picks from Dollar Tree... 
Wasn't sure what I was going to do with them and at the last minute
I filled a glass vase with pink grass and used them as a "flower arrangement."
  I made "Bunny Bait" bags.
I opted for jelly beans because it was easier...but I've seen other
great ideas where you actually make mix that you can scatter on the
ground as "bait."
 Buckets filled with goodies, toys and candy.
Inside were "Jesus Promise Seeds" (candy corn)
with a bible verse on each package.
I found these at Dollar General.

Food display which turned out to have a matching
 color theme which I hadn't really planned.
A nice surprise!
I found these CUTE pastel colored marshmallows
 to use as "Bunny Tails" at one of our locally owned grocery stores.

I love how these "My Favorite Peep" treats turned out.

Labels and ideas from Jenny at Bloom Designs Online.



As the whole crew was heading out, luckily one of my Mommy pals started snapping shots for me.
I was running around inside still looking for my camera.

 And when I finally found my camera I had forgotten to change the setting
from close up (how I take my antique pics) to standard.
 So this type of blurry picture is mostly what I ended up with.

 What can I say? We were having too much
fun hunting for eggs.

 Look at all of them!

 Oh yeah!
A really great day despite the rain and chilly
weather.
I had fun getting ready for the party too.

But my favorite part of the day was when one of the little
girls came up to me and said
"Miss Jillian....Are we going to do a craft?"

Sigh...

I almost said "Yes, when there are TWO of me!"

Seriously though. It was a good idea and maybe,
just MAYBE I'll incorporate a craft into next year's
party!

Back to the Pinterest board...

Linking to Jennifer Rizzo's Easter Craft party here
 and the Bunny Blog Hop on At the Picket Fence:









6 comments:

thistlewoodfarm said...

I have been hopping around the bunny hop and this is adorable! I love your bunny bait bags! So absolutely adorable :)

Have a wonderful week.
blessings,
karianne

MJ said...

Cute post! You did a lot of work for the party but it was entirely worthwhile for the memories & photos!

Unknown said...

It looks like it turned out great! The pennant banner was the perfect touch.

We have a hunt on Wednesday and I'm hoping for dry grass--supposed to snow tomorrow so we might be hunting in rain boots too!

LOVE those bunny tails marshmallows! :)

Gina said...

This looks like alot of fun! It kind of makes me wish I was a kid again so I could join in! LOL

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such a fun egg hunt party! All of the treats and pretty details made for some very happy little ones. Love each photo and the happy faces :)

Sweet place you have here too. I have enjoyed perusing several of your posts.

Nice visiting!
Kindly, Lorraine

Ms.Daisy said...

Jillian,
Loved the pics and how each table was set up but especially the happy faces of the children!


Love,
Ms.Daisymau