Tuesday, April 3, 2012

To Market to Market


Ahhhh. April. I've waited all winter for my
favorite outdoor fleamarket to reopen.

 Where you can shop all morning and still
 haven't actually seen EVERYTHING.


 Where the stands are abundant and so are the antiques


Where you just never know what treasure may be waiting...

 Or where you know lovely old mason jars
can be found

 Where I saw this one day and did not buy her.
Note: If you see it at a fleamarket buy it.
You probably will not be able to come back for it.



Where gorgeous baubles are next to a stand with tools
and industrial finds!

And where we buy our weekly veggies...


And one of my favorite treats...whoopie pies!

To market to market I go!



8 comments:

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

I think I know where you were :) Let us know what treasures you found.

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I'm going to admit a sad truth here. I've never been to a flea market! But I'm pretty sure there is a huge one each weekend out at Rosemont stadium parking lot (just outside of Chicago near the airport) ...


I may need to journey there this summer and check it out!

:)

Linda

Unknown said...

I can't believe how cheap those blue canning jars are! They'd be easily 3x that price here.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a dream! I would love to browse through the jewelry! WOW! ♥

Anonymous said...

Oh! I so want to go there! Road trip!!!

My job at the schools is over - not a pretty end, either. Mending this week. Yet, the Lord was in the middle of it all and made my way of escape easy. The county library called and offered me a children's programs services position out of the blue!

Gotta love how God does things - never late - always on time - drama to the max!

More time for beauty, now! Less money to spend at flea markets and antique shops . . .

Joy!
Kathy

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Oh my, I am so jealous of this day in your life...oh how I miss a good flea market and auction. :)

Anonymous said...

a place like this just makes my heart go pitter patter. :) I have that same lady in my booth, only mine is smaller. I thought she was fabulous but no one has bought her yet. :)

MJ said...

Oooh, that looks delightful! We don't have flea markets here, just a few antiques stores so the experience isn't as interesting as the supplies don't change much. Boo-hoo!