Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Summer Planning: Decorating a Lake House on a Barbecue Budget

This week I'm gathering my thoughts on all of the bits and pieces of furniture, wall art, and other things we've been collecting over the past few months.
Trying to keep the budget SMALL.

I'm calling it my "barbecue budget."

Not always easy and how do I put
all of these scattered collected items
all together with a plan of action?

I'm sure once we visit our lake house this summer we will
figure it all out.

Pinterest comes in handy too!
I'm filing all of my ideas from the
internet in one place.


There's a pretty neat idea I see in the photo above
(from a beach decor blog)
for a coffee table we picked up at our local
Salvation Army.
We were lucky enough to hit a "fifty percent off"
furniture day!
Picked up a cool chair and a set of twin beds, too!


The pennants in this photo caught my eye!
I'm not too crazy about the British flag pillows
(no offense to the English of course!)
but I think with a little imagination
I can do something similar.

I saw this neat pennant banner on Ebay.
I think I can do something like it
for the kids room.

Plus I've started sewing some pillows for twin beds.
I'll have to take some pics of my "during"
phase before it is too late!


This is a fun room too. Of course the room
wouldn't be the same without the
awesome "BOATS" sign.

Why not handpaint something similar?

I'm looking forward to lots of fun projects.
And a long summer ahead to keep
me busy...

I'll keep my camera handy!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Can't wait to see how your plans develop. We are buying a house at S. Padre Island, TX. I, too, have been weeding through picture after picture on Pinterest looking for inspiration. Seeing your red, white and blue is so fun.
I'll be checking back to see how things develop for you. Good luck!!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

The Checkered Apple said...

Looking forward to your big reveal! Love your inspiration photos too!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Beautiful inspiration! I know you are having fun dreaming. Can't wait to see those dreams come alive!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Isn't it great to have so many sources of inspiration!? You have some great ideas and plans -- love the beach theme and the pennant ideas. I just finished making pennants for my gazebo and for my porch! We must be on the same wavelength!

gail said...

Jillian...can't wait to see your house and what you do with it! What fun you are going to have!
gail