Monday, June 18, 2012

In the Still of the Night

Dear Hubby made a quick trip up
to the lake house to work on
a few projects.


He decided to put together the dock
so we'd be all set this summer.

I love the stillness of the lake at night.

Which reminded me of the loons
we see and hear crying out
in the middle of the night.

If you've never heard a loon call,
you really need to.
It is quite something!

Hopefully I'll get a photo
of the loons
on my next trip.

For now, I have found a link
to this website where there
is a recording of a loon.

Enjoy!
I'll be back soon...
debating on whether I should
get up really early
for my Tuesday fleamarket.

I'll be back to let you know
and to share my latest finds!

2 comments:

The Checkered Apple said...

You lucky girl! I've always loved the sound of a loon after watching On Golden Pond so many years ago.

gail said...

Hi Jillian....just got caught up on all your posts. Your lake house sounds wonderful. The scenery is beautiful and I love everything you are doing!
hugs,
gail