Monday, September 17, 2012

A Silver Celebration: Antiques in the Courtyard

Besides my online store, Bella Rosa Antiques, my dear hubby and I have maintained a booth in an antique mall in our area.

This year the owner of the antique mall celebrated 25 years since the doors were first opened. She pulled off a fun weekend with free seminars, tons of door prizes, and lots of yummy treats!

We helped celebrate too of course!
When we walked in we were greeted by these gorgeous floral arrangements, donated by a local greenhouse.



In the front courtyard, a mini "fleamarket" which was fun to take part in.


This is a lovely set up by my fellow dealer and online pal Quilted Nest.
What a way to welcome customers!

Check out my dear hubby's antique (wooden) gears.

These are my favorite of his latest finds.
He likes to find the guy stuff while I look for the feminine things.

Soon I'll show you what I picked up while perusing the booths during the silver anniversary celebration.

I also realized this weekend that I have been a part of the antique mall's history for about half of those years.

I have learned so much, met so many interesting people (antiquers are always in that category!), and have made many friends.

When I first started I was one of the youngest dealers there.

 I have always attributed it to the fact that I am an old soul.

I'll be back later in the week to share my tour of a toy train museum...and all of the vintage fun we had!

But first, stay tuned to see some of my latest finds....

2 comments:

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

love it - I missed getting a picture of those gears - they are amazing.

Rachel Rose Mercantile said...

Love these pictures! Great blog!