Sunday, July 14, 2013

I just decided it was time.


No, I'm not closing my shop.
 
And I'm not taking a break
 from blogging either.

(This is REALLY awful!)

I decided it was TIME to empty out my office area and give it a makeover!

If you knew how many things I store in here due to the Bella Rosa Shop, my crafting endeavors, and years of gathering ribbons and stuff, you'd have put it off just like I had.

But on Thursday, I decided I could not stand to be in it one minute more, until I had re-created my space.

My space where I run my website, create cards, wrap gifts, create layouts and designs for photography, digital scrapbooking, jewelry making supplies, you name it...it is in here.

Things are now ALL OVER THE PLACE.


Hopefully I can get everything back in within the next few days.

Although now, my Dear Hubby has come home with an injured back.

He is resting comfortably.

I will wait until he is better to mention to him that my desk needs to be carried down and outside for a nice coat of spray paint.


Yesterday I painted the walls..... in a desert/sand/taupe color. I can't even tell you the name of it because we decided to paint my office the same color as our hallway downstairs and my hubby took the outlet cover off of the wall and told me to hand it to the paint girl at Lowes.  (This was before he injured his back.)

She actually did a great job matching it.

So, I have no name for it.

But, I am very happy with the color.


 
Anyway, I am raiding other
rooms for shelves, crates
 and things to create storage.
Shopping my basement was
great fun. Who knew we
had all kinds of things
for a "studio?"
 
It helps when
keeping a tight budget.
Besides, isn't it more
fun to use vintage?
 
I will post updates and before / after
 photos as soon  as I get them. 
 


Linking to Etsy Cottage Style

 

5 comments:

Faye said...

Have fun! Can't wait to see what you do!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Good luck as you venture into the studio redo! When I did mine, I emptied everything out and even ended up filling the guest Bathroom tub LOL! Then I stood back and thought "What have I done"........Hang in there though, it is well worth it! I forgot to mention, the shelf that the ribbon holder hung on is one of those wire closet shelves with a little lip, the ribbon holder hangs perfect.

Carol

This N That said...

OMG..you have some really beautiful things..We used to go antique-ing a lot..

Debbi said...

Summer is the best time to clean and reorganize for me...biz is always slower and I want to spend more time outdoors too! You have some gorgeous porcelain pieces!!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

Good for you! I have a "few" places I just can't stand looking at anymore but my excuse is that it is just too hot now to do it! I'll wait till Fall.....!