Monday, July 8, 2013

July 4th Hometown Style Parade!


What a way to celebrate
America's birthday...
 
With a hometown style,
 4th of July Parade!
 
People lined up
along the main street
in this pretty lakeside town...
you can just barely see
the lake at the end
of the road.
 

 
Waiting in anticipation....
 
 
 
For fun, patriotic sights
 
 
Surprises and candy!
 

 My favorite were the Fife and Drum Corps

 
 

 
Parade flags were
handed out,
for a small donation
only if you were able....


 
It was your typical
American Pie and
 

star spangled parade

 
 
Including a little
bit of Elvis!
 
And we loved it!
 
 
What did you do for the 4th?
 
 
 
 

Linking to:
”Manic
 
 

4 comments:

Debbi said...

We also had our "small town USA" parade on the 4th in Stayton Oregon. We love these parades every year!

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Wonderful shots! You must have been standing just across the street from us! It was as fun as usual and the children all look forward to that candy being tossed out! So glad you enjoyed the 4th here at the lake!

Laura :)

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Oh my goodness! You were across the street from us! You took a picture of me and my niece! LOL.....too funny. Look at the photo with the blue convertible...I am in the gray shirt with the sunglasses, hat and camera strap around my neck. Now I have to look at my own photos because I took a shot of that car too...you must be on the other side of it! What are the chances? :)

The Old Parsonage said...

Nothing better! Love that you and Laura were at the same parade - how funny!