Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Sneak Peek: Treasures in the Woods and All Around the Lake

Summer at the lake means
relaxing and enjoying the outdoors....
But it also means great
places to find new inventory
for my Bella Rosa and Etsy shop.
 
 
A quick peek:
a Lady head vase, rose hat box,
a PINK LuRay salad bowl,
condensed milk holder, a Jack
and Jill book.
 
But wait! There's more!
 
 
Six jadeite FIRE KING mugs...

 
These lovely apothecary
jars are from Wheaton
glass...which is right near
my old hometown!
 
Found them, ironically,
in this Dear Blogger's booth,
 
Here is the sign
from her booth.
 
 
I'm like
"Hey, I recognize that sign
from the blog world!"
 
It was a weird moment,
in my real world
because they both
collided and it turns out
Laura stays not too far from
our lake house.
 
It got even funnier when
we realized we had been
standing across from each other
in the local fourth of July
parade and didn't even know it!
 How great is that?
What are the chances?
 
 

 
I spotted this vintage star
ornament and grabbed it
really FAST during this
year's crazy rummage sale.
 
I posted about it here,
last year. The sale was similar
to last summer, but maybe
the line was even longer
to get in!
 
Unfortunately we only
found a few vintage things
at this year's sale.
 
Okay, so I went off
track there...let's
get back on track:
 
 
 
A train will get me on track
as well as these other vintage toys...

 
Some vintage jewelry....
 

 
Pyrex mixing bowls!
The small pink one
is perfect all by itself.
 

 
An atomic / retro
alarm clock....and a
booklet about the new
baby prince!
 
Interesting to see the
family history now that
Kate and William are
having a baby.
 
And what a fun time
it was looking for
all of these vintage
pieces.
 
I found the clock and the jadeite
mugs here:
 
 
 A little thrift shop in the woods!
Bebe and I love going here.
She finds fun toys
(Old Polly Pockets are her
biggest thrill) and I
find vintage goodies!
 
 
Now for the hard part...
getting them listed.
 
Stay tuned!
 
Linking to:
Ivy andElephant's
 
and

Pink Saturday
at How Sweet the Sound


 
 
 

17 comments:

The Old Parsonage said...

Ohhh I could live in your photos. You've got my style going on:)

SewSweetVIntage said...

Sweet finds! Love flea markets and summer yard sales:) New follower. Follow back at http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/07/vintage-swimwear.html

Victorian1885 said...

Lovely new treasures Jillian! What a small world we live in. Enjoy your time at the Beach this summer!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love all of the same things that you love! The coffee mugs are an amazing find! I never see those any more! Have fun!

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all your new vintage treasures! I know what you mean about getting them all listed....still working on ones I got 2 weeks ago! Great post!

Grace said...

What treasures! I wanted to jump into the pictures and take everything with me! Happy Pink saturday Grace

Jeanne said...

I love your wonderful vintage finds and I am sure getting away for the summer is a blessing. we did it for years and then retired here in the mountains.

I know the"hunt" is the most fun when you are looking for treasures.
Happy Pink Sat.
xo, Jeanne

DearHelenHartman said...

Came for the pink bowl stayed for... everything else! LOve it all. Happy Pink Saturday.

Tea in the Library said...

What fun to find 52 Flea! Sounds like you had a great time. I couldn't pick a favorite they are all great finds. Happy Pink Saturday!

Unknown said...

Ooh, you found such great stuff!! Jadeite mugs? Pink Pyrex? Pink Lu-ray? Excellent goodies!

Lutka And Co. said...

Oh, I am starting to like pyrex - especially pink ones! Happy Pink Saturday!

Fishtail Cottage said...

What a great little shop! i'm your newest follower too! xoox, tracie

ThrifterSisters said...

Pink Pyrex & Jadite? You hit the jackpot there! Glad you are enjoying our blog. I can't wait to catch up on yours:-)

Erica

Boxwood Cottage said...

Thanks for the visit and your kind comment about my studio Jillian! Wow now how cool is it that you are at the same lake as Laura is and that you met her! :) I wish you a happy summer at the lake! Carola

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

AMAZING Finds!!! Thanks so much for sharing : ) hugs...

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh what fun and very sweet finds!! Love those green mugs! I would be drinking some coffee out of one of those right now! :) So pretty! Happy weekend! xo Holly

Jill said...

I would definitely have picked up the Jack and Jill book since my name is Jill.. Really nice finds..