Monday, January 20, 2014

Antiquing Locally: Digging up Memories From Antique Typewriters to Retro Toys

 
We live in a great area for antiques.
Central Pennsylvania.
The East Coast.
 
We're not that far from Philadelphia
where it is rich in history
 as well as in antiques.
 
 
 
 
I don't have to travel very far to find
all kinds of neat vintage pieces.
 
The collage above and the following photos
are from an antique mall nearby.
 
And my Dear Hubby has an antique
booth on the lower level of this same mall.
 
So while I was waiting for Hubby
to finish stocking his booth,
I was looking around at other booths.
 
I was excited when I spotted this vintage/retro
MERLIN game from my pre teen and
teenage years. (Early 1980's)
 
Wow! What a fun find.

 
Then out of the corner
of my eye I see a
teenager tapping away
 on the keys of this
antique typewriter when
he exclaims really loud.....
"THIS IS BAD A**!!!!!!!
 
After I was done laughing, 
I suddenly felt really old.
I learned how to type in
TYPEWRITING class!
 
Our typewriters were not as old
as this Smith & Corona 
model  of course, but still...
It was a reminder!
 
 
 
 
 I was happy to find some
really unique pieces...antique ice cream sign
 apothecary cabinet, old telephone sign,
and an antique card catalog.
 
Unfortunately, none of these items
 will be bought for the online shop....
So far, I'm only shipping small items.
Maybe someday if I open my
own "Brick and Mortar" storefront.
 
 
 
We do have a slightly larger booth
that can fit furniture, but the
prices are usually too high
to find any room to make a profit.
 
I just loved the Italian style
 vintage chandelier in
 the collage above. And
someone had a really unique
booth filled with all kinds
of retro items from our childhood.
 
There were too many things I liked!
 
But, that is the fun of
going antiquing...
 
Enjoy your week!
I'll be sifting through
some of my older inventory,
things that have never made
it into the shop.
 
Stay tuned!

Linking with Market Monday
at Common Ground.
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, I LOVE that ice cream sign! Wouldn't that be the coolest thing to have hanging in your kitchen? Wow!

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

I'm thinking I can guess where you were. Looks like fun! Brick and Mortar huh? Sounds daring... but you could do it. Call me if you do!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Used to live at the foot of the Tacony-Palmyra bridge in Palmyra.
It was a great place to live and you do have a fabulous hunting ground for antiques and vintage.
Here's hoping you stumble upon some great furniture buys too !

The Old Parsonage said...

Remind me again where the shop is. I'd love to stop by sometime.

Leann