Friday, February 14, 2014

A Little Vintage Valentine Love

This week has been a busy one for the Bella Rosa household.

I volunteered to decorate for Bebe's school... they were
having a kindergarten open house.

Since I think decorating is fun, it was a no brainer to
sign up for the task.

Then I heard I had to be there at 7 in the morning.

Okay, so I'm not a morning person. Or a cold weather person!



I think it turned out nice...
despite my obstacles!
 
Nothing super fancy...




With little vintage touches here and there,
it was something different.


 
I decided to go through my ephemera
and use some old cabinet card photos
 


I had a few adorable old pictures of little children...
and mother's with wee little ones...
 
Inside the picture frame I tied the love
theme for Valentine's day in with the
love mentioned in John 3:16
 
For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten
son that who so ever believeth in Him shall
have ever lasting life.
 
Five years ago this Valentine's Day,
I found out I was going to have a
baby. I know God is faithful.
 
Not sure if those who came out
read the verse inside the frame
but the intention was there.
 

 
So here in this photo you will
see two lonely balloons.
We had just enough helium
left in the tank from Bebe's carnival
party to create a mini balloon bouquet!
 

 


And all those who attended (some of them I knew
 as I had recommended our school to them)
said how they enjoyed the décor.
 
I just think it is fun!
 
Wouldn't mind if it were my real job...
 
Well, that is for another post.
 
Don't worry, I'm still going to be
selling my vintage wares... I love
looking for vintage too!
 
Happy Valentine's Day!
 
Linking with Pink Saturday
 



5 comments:

The Old Parsonage said...

Well I sure LOVE it all and the verse is perfect!!! Are the flowers real? Gorgeous my friend!

Enjoy the LOVE

Leann

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

Awww - love it all! You're an amazing mommy!

Unknown said...

It looks so pretty! I love the addition of the old photos and the scripture. Making pretty party tables would definitely be a FUN job!

Victorian1885 said...

Very pretty Jillian! I am sure Bebe was so proud of her Mommy making the place look so glamorous.
Have a great weekend!

Wanda

MJ said...

Hello! Popped by to see how you are & you've been busy! It's so amazing that Bebe is already preparing for kindergarten! Your Valentine's Day display for preschool is filled with vintage ephemera which so speaks to your style! Hope you have a gentle end of winter! Take care!