Friday, August 7, 2015

Thinking Pink #6: A Ballerina Tutu to Italian Hand Blown Glass

 
Welcome to my (almost) weekly post where
 I share my latest finds in my favorite color... PINK!
 
This past weekend I had a chance to
go antique shopping in one of our local
antique malls and I found this
beautiful vintage ballerina tutu.
 

 
I'm guessing it is from the 1950's or 1960's
by looking at the manufacturer's tag.
 Too sweet to pass up despite some
discoloration on the tutu.
 
 
And in the same dealer's booth,
I spotted this adorable little
girl slip dress. It is white but
trimmed in light pink.


 
 
These three, gorgeous rose plates were
from a different sale last weekend.

There were so many more but I
could not buy them all. The former
owner had a beautiful collection.
 
 
And I found this beautiful hand
blown glass bowl. Possibly
Murano glass from Venice.
Trimmed in pink, it is just lovely!
 
 
And my dear Hubby brought this
sweet pair back from a sale.
This particular set has such
sweet pink roses and I love the
swirled lines.

Hope you enjoyed my pinky finds.
I'll be back Tuesday for
Let's Talk Vintage!


Have a great weekend!

Linking to:
Pink Saturday
 
 

7 comments:

Dana of The Stone Rabbit said...

LOVE the vintage tutus!!!

Hope you are getting that bebe ready for school. My grands start next week. I can't believe that start so early anymore.

I really enjoy seeing your weekly vintage finds! I went antiquing last weekend and didn't find much except for a batch of old plastic candy canes. They are "perfectly yellowed". I plan on selling them at my Christmas show.....that is if I dont' keep them for myself!! haha

Have a great PS!!

L, dana

LV said...

You did very well on your outing. All the finds are very nice.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Great pink finds! Maybe you can use one of the treatments that people post online to remove the discoloration on the tutu? I can't remember the the solutions/recipes but I remember reading many of them worked on vintage linens.

Ann said...

Do you have a special place to display the tutu?
Ann

Unknown said...

All your finds were delightful but I especially loved the dishes with the roses. I do LOVE roses :)

Have a great week and a Happy Pink Saturday.

Kaye Swain
KayeSwain.com/Pools

Victoria said...

Lovely finds!!! The tutu is adorable. I would definitely say it's from the 50's, my mom has a pic of herself and her sister from the very late 40's wearing something very similar!

Beverly said...

Jillian, I love this post. Your sweet pink tutu reminds me of one I had when I was a little girl. Sweet memories. Thank you for sharing, and for making Pink Saturday special.

This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks".♥