Monday, July 4, 2016

Let's Talk Vintage #91: Red, White, Blue, and a Craft, Too!

Hello and Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!

 
Happy Fourth of July!
I trust you are having a safe and happy
holiday here in the USA!
 

Today I'm going to share some of my favorite patriotic photos from years past...


The year we won first prize in a
boat parade was pretty cool.
My Step-Daughter made the
perfect Lady Liberty.

 

That same year I kinda got a Martha Stewart vibe and used wild flowers from the side yard to decorate the deck!

 
Bebe was much smaller a few years ago.

 
I always love seeing this clown and "monkey"
perform at the July 4th parade each year.
 

In fact, I love seeing all kinds of patriotic things!
 
 
 
Especially if they are vintage!
 

I even got crafty this past week...
Bebe had a friend over who loves to
make stuff so I planned a "Patriotic Pennant
and "Firecracker Favor" afternoon.
 
 
The patriotic pennants I actually came up
with by myself.
 
I have been saving and collecting patriotic
fabric because I was going to make
pillows for our lake house but so far I've
only made one! The thin wooden dowels I actually
found in the craft section of Wal-Mart.
 
The "star circle medallions"
were free printables found on Pinterest
and we embellished them with glitter.
 
 
Then, the firecracker favors I had seen
in Country Living magazine and on Pinterest
and just had to try them out.
 
 
Not the best photo but hey,
at least I remembered to
take one this time!
 
The favor was made out of a
mailing tube (the kind with
the plastic caps on the ends),
scrapbook paper, trim,
and pipe cleaners.
 
I think the girls had fun!
A lot of candy was eaten
while filling them...
 
I would probably try these
two projects again, this time
perfecting them a little bit. 
 

Now let's see who is featured this week:
 
 
to celebrate America's freedom.
Perfectly timed for
this week's LTV!
 
 
 
shared her shabby and chic
flag for the 4th.
Lovely!
 
 
Sadie Seaongoods blog shared
her "bi-partisan" craftiness and
made a political button wreath...
This is just the bow!
So unique!
 
Thank you to all who stop
by, linked up and comment
each week. I just love
seeing what you bring each
week... keeps me inspired!
 
 
 
 
 
 
If you were featured today, feel free to grab this LTV graphic  to place on your side bar or use in your blog posts
when linking up to Let's Talk Vintage!
 
 
 
Now it is your turn:
 
 
 

12 comments:

Rita C at Panoply said...

Jill, I love all these photos, including this week's features. I'll come back and visit more later, but I hope you have a wonderful 4th. Our town celebrated last night, so today is a relatively quiet day. Thanks for having us over.
Rita

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

Thank you so much for featuring my shabby chic flag! Have a safe and fun 4th....hugs...

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

craftin'! I'm most impressed. Great idea for those little pennants. I'm sure the girlies loved being at your house :)

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

Hi Jill -loved all the fun photos and featured sled, OH my! Adorable. Thanks for hosting and happy fourth. Jane

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Thanks so much for hosting each week!!

Hugs,
Deb

Deanies Stash said...

Jillian, I enjoyed the photos. Thank you for hosting!

xo Dianne

Deanies Stash said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deanies Stash said...

Oops! That was suppose to be for Blue Willow House. LOL!!

Dianne

Sarah said...

Thanks for hosting this fun party. I've just tonight discovered it. Love vintage things, especially patriotic ones. Well, I love all patriotic things, vintage or not. '-)

Sarah said...

Forgot to mention that I think the Lady Liberty is adorable. Of course she won!

Heidi | Mysweetcottage.com said...

Jillian, love your patriotic collection! Thanks for hosting another lovely party.