Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Let's Talk Vintage #94: Nautical Blue and Latest Finds, Too!

Welcome to Let's Talk Vintage!

I hope your summer is going well... I don't know what it is these days, maybe it is summer and I tend to think of being by the water... But I have been inspired by deep blue hues.
After I had seen a friend's navy blue painted dresser, I just had to look for a pretty blue chalk-paint.



I painted these two Pennsylvania House night stands (marked 1978) in a what is named "nautical blue." I didn't buy anything expensive, just the paint that they sell at our local craft store chain, AC Moore.


I love how the blue looks in contrast to the original finish of the three drawers. I did have to touch up the brass hardware on the sides to be well, less brassy, to match the drawer knobs.  What do you think, could they be end tables as well? Like in a lake or beach house?

If they take awhile to sell, I may be tempted to bring them up to our place.

This past weekend we had some fun finds:

A coffee table and two tiered stand. 


A beautiful oval mirror, a Danish modern nightstand,
a coca cola soda crate/tray, a silver plate vase with raised flower detailing, Florentine style metal/gold wall sconce,


ironstone platter with a blue transfer

   
  painting of lilacs, crystal goblets (they have the most beautiful ring and only), large silver plate tray with handles.
Lampshades too - I'm always searching for a nice lamp shade for the vintage lamps we are selling.

I think we did pretty well! We finally had to get something for Bebe because she was SO upset about being out yard sale-ing, so she picked out a game she liked.


Now let's get to this week's features:
 
 
 
 
Amy of Brocante Treasures went back to Paris for a visit and my-oh-my she takes some wonderful pictures! I couldn't
decide which one I liked the most so
I am including two! Thank you
for sharing them with us!
 
 
had a potting bench made out of
wooden pallets... and she decorated
it with all of her Goodwill finds.
Sweet!
 

 
and Gypsy Girl Revivals shared her
baby bed spring repurpose project.
 
 
 




If you were featured today, feel free to grab my feature button!


10 comments:

janice15 said...

Good morning, I love how your night stands came out. They would be lovely in my new bedroom when I moce to mamas house. I love the Paris photo it looks so wonderful. And all the items you found love that Ironstone blue transfer platter. Blues are one of my colors. I own many blue things.. Kitchen and dinning room are in blue. And I like that potting table, very nice. Have a wonderful day with love Janice

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you Jillian for Lets Talk Vintage 94. The chests you painted really pop.
Joy

Debby Goes Shabby said...

Jillian

Thank you for the feature and your party each week.
I love seeing all the things you are working on each week!

Debby
Debbygoesshabby.blogspot.com

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

O MY!! Those night stands came out stunning!!
Thanks so much for hosting each week!!
Hugs,
Deb

Deanies Stash said...

Jillian, the nightstands are gorgeous. I think they could be used as end tables, too. Thank you for hosting!

xo Dianne

Unknown said...

I'm loving on your nautical night stands Jillian! Thank you so much for featuring my repurposed bedsprings.

Anne's Attic - Design said...

I haven't be able to post on your party. It says that the server is down. Hope that it will be up soon. xx Jo

My thrift store addiction said...

Thanks for hosting Jillian!

Anne's Attic - Design said...

I finally made it! Thank you for hosting. xx Jo

Amy | Brocante Treasures said...

Thank you for hosting and for the feature! Looking forward to another great week.
Amy | Brocante Treasures