Monday, July 15, 2013

Stop. And Smell the... Hydrangeas!

The other day I noticed we had
some beautiful hydrangeas
blooming in our side yard.
 
 
 
So, I retrieved a pretty cobalt
glass vase and cut a nice
selection from the
hydrangea bush.

 
My husband wants to
know where his wife is.
 
I'm so not a green thumb.
I rarely notice garden
items or make time for them.

 
This weekend, even in the
middle of my office/studio/craft room
makeover, I stopped to smell
the ....well, the hydrangeas.
 
I'm so glad I did!
 
The whole thing makes
me giggle, especially since
the name of my shop is
Bella Rosa Antiques!
(I guess I have to
admit, I DO notice roses.)
 
_______________
 
Here is what I hope to accomplish
this week.... finish office. Send out
a email alert for Bella Rosa.
Do I smell a sale coming up?
(very possible!)
And take new photos
of the goodies we found
while at the lake.
 
Let's hope I can
take time to smell
the hydrangeas along the way!
 
How about you?
Make time this week
to slow down and
notice something new.
 
Linking to:
 

Smiling Sally
 
at Serendipity and Spice.
 
”Manic
 
and
Junkin Joe Vintage Thrifty Finds
at
The Cottage Market
 
And Fishtail Cottage
Garden Party
 
 

9 comments:

LV said...

There is always time to stop and smell any flower. Your hydrangeas are so pretty. I never had any luck with them.

SmilingSally said...

My father had 3 hydrangea bushes when I was growing up. Two were blue, and the other was pink, but I've never seen such a deep rose as these. I do love the cobalt blue vase!

Happy Blue Monday, Jillian.

Huldra said...

Beautiful vase with the pink. It`s allways smart to stop and smell the flowers :)

Fashion Momma said...

Lovely blooms! I played too. Mine are here and here.

Sue McPeak said...

So glad you stopped to smell and photograph the flowers. Beautiful Blue Vase...wow!!! Happy Blue Monday!!!
Sue CollectInTexasGal~Today's Post~
Miss Lucy's Name Change To Mrs. Soandso

Unknown said...

They are simply gorgeous! I love their color and they look great in that blue vase for contrast. That's one flower that just doesn't grow all that great here in Colorado and it's a bummer--I'd love to have tons of them in my yard!

Donna said...

What beautiful hydrangeas! With a name like yours, I would have guessed you were an avid gardener:) I wish that I had better luck with mine!

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

Simply Divine!!! TFS...hugs...

Rose Garden Malevik said...

Great Hydrangeas and Lovley photos :)
and do not miss.......

SATURDAY SHOW OFF

it is FUN :)
WELCOME
Håkan ( The Roseman)